Scanning documents has become commonplace in today’s personal and professional life. But did you know that you can scan documents using your iPhone, without downloading any third-party scanning app? This nifty feature comes bundled inside the Notes app on your iPhone (or iPad, for that matter).
You can easily use the Notes app whenever you’re required to share a scanned document for financial or professional purposes.
Scan Documents using the Notes app
Simply follow the steps below and you’ll be able to scan as many documents you want:
- Open Notes on your iPhone.
- Create a new note or open an existing one to add a document to it.
- Tap the camera button above the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Scan Documents.
- Keep your camera directly above the document you want to scan.
- Your phone will automatically detect and scan the document if it’s in Auto mode.
- If it doesn’t, you can tap the shutter button or one of the volume buttons and then drag the corners to adjust the fit.
- Tap Keep Scan to confirm the scan. You can scan all the pages you want and tap Save. The app will show the total number of pages you’ve scanned.
Sign Scanned Documents using the Notes app
You can also sign your scanned document and share it with someone if you want. And you can do this within the Notes app itself by following the steps below:
- Open Notes and tap the scanned document you want to sign.
- Tap the Share button and then tap
- Tap the Add button and then tap Signature.
- You can add a saved signature or create a new one. Adjust the size and position of the signature box.
- Tap Done.
You can also mark up scanned documents in other ways like adding a text box, magnifier, or a shape to your document. You’ll be able to perform all your scanning and signing functions using the Notes app without sorting through multiple other applications.