If your phone is facing frequent slowdowns or other issues, you might be wondering how to reset your iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max. You might also be upgrading to one of the latest iPhone 14 series phones. In that case, you’ll need to factory reset your iPhone 13 series phone before trading it in or handing it over to another owner.
A hard reset usually fixes minor performance issues on your iPhone and allows you to resume usage without manually shutting it down. A factory reset, on the other hand, erases all content on your iPhone and returns it to its factory settings. This is useful when selling or trading in your iPhone.
Let’s dive deeper into each of these processes.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max
You can use your iPhone’s buttons to easily perform a hard reset. The steps below are applicable to every model of the iPhone 13 series.
- Press the Volume Up button on the left side of your iPhone and let go.
- Press the Volume Down button and let go.
- Now, press and hold the side button until you see the screen go black and the Apple logo appears on the screen. Ignore the ‘power off’ slider that appears during the process.
After the Apple logo appears on the screen, your phone will restart and you can resume using it again. Hopefully, you will have successfully fixed the performance issues you were facing earlier. If not, you can contact us to book a repair, either at your home or at one of our stores.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max
You should perform a factory reset only when you’re selling or trading in your iPhone, or when you want a clean slate to set up your iPhone from scratch.
Make sure to create a backup of your phone before the process. And if you’re selling the phone, disable Find My in your Apple ID settings by turning the Find My iPhone switch off.
Next, follow the steps below to factory reset any of the iPhone 13 series phones.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings. This will permanently delete all your media, settings, messages, apps, and more. Make sure you have backed up your phone before this step.
- Tap Continue on the next screen and enter your credentials if prompted.
Once the process is complete, all your data will have been erased and you’ll be greeted by the welcome screen.
The iPhone 13 series was a big step up from the previous generation iPhones and the latest iPhone 14 series are no different. If you’re thinking of upgrading to the new generation, you’ll find this guide especially useful. If you’re staying with your iPhone 13 series phone, you can browse our iPhone accessories to make the most of your phone.